Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Ok on to my goal

I had a bit of a disappointing evening on Thursday. It was in the virtual labs on etsy.com. It seems possible that people may not want to buy my journals as they may be perceived as something they could make themselves. Now this was a critique on one of my older journals. This one. I know I have made some more recently that do not look so "doable."

There was also some questions about the fact that I don't make the book part of my journals, that I just alter them. I realize that this is more of a concern for those in the etsy community as full handmade is more valued. As you can see in an earlier post I do want to go towards the direction of having my journals fully handmade.

Although that critique was less than fun to hear I am thankful that it is pushing me to go towards my goal more aggressively.

To that end I bought two books yesterday.

The first: Re-Bound by Jeannine Stein

The second: Bookcraft by Heather Weston


I am trying to find the best way to combine my art and fully handmade. I am concerned that people may forever view my journals as mere collages. But I will stand by my work. I love it. I believe in it.


- Sarah



..

No comments:

Post a Comment